[PLUG] Upgrading BIOS: Dell Latitude E5410

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Feb 7 18:45:00 UTC 2012

On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 09:00:25 -0800 (PST)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>If someone has a FreeDOS bootable USB stick on which I can copy the two
>.exe files (because the BIOS version needs to be upgraded first to
>A10, then A11) I would like to borrow it.

I have such a USB stick. I was even able to find it. It is only 512 MB,
because I made it a long time ago when that was the sweet spot for
prices of USB sticks.

Now the trick is how to get it to you. I am in North Portland, but
tomorrow afternoon I will go to PSU. If I recall correctly from previous
conversations, you are extremely suburban. It might be cheaper

>Alternatively, if someone can teach me how to make a bootable FreeDOS
>USB drive with a vfat file system rather than an iso9660 file system
>(read-only) from fd11src.iso, that would work, too.

This would be the ideal scenario. Tragically, I cannot remember how I
made the bootable USB stick.