[PLUG] Anyone use the Blue Snowball USB mic w/ Linux?

Scott Garman sgarman at zenlinux.com
Wed Feb 8 04:46:46 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm getting serious about developing some screencasts at work, and I'd
like to get a decent microphone for voice recording. I have some friends
who have done podcasting before who rave about the Snowball USB
microphone by Blue:

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Snowball-Microphone-Aluminum/dp/B002OO333Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1328676180&sr=8-2

My searches are coming up with conflicting reports on whether this
microphone works with Linux. As I'm trying to sort this out, I thought
it wouldn't hurt to ask on this list if anyone has experience with this
mic under Linux.

Alternate recommendations for something good quality known to work very
well with Linux at under $75 are also welcome.

Thanks,

Scott