[PLUG] Anyone use the Blue Snowball USB mic w/ Linux?

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Wed Feb 8 06:22:57 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 08:46:46PM -0800, Scott Garman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm getting serious about developing some screencasts at work, and I'd
> like to get a decent microphone for voice recording. I have some friends
> who have done podcasting before who rave about the Snowball USB
> microphone by Blue:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Snowball-Microphone-Aluminum/dp/B002OO333Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1328676180&sr=8-2
>
> My searches are coming up with conflicting reports on whether this
> microphone works with Linux. As I'm trying to sort this out, I thought
> it wouldn't hurt to ask on this list if anyone has experience with this
> mic under Linux.
>
> Alternate recommendations for something good quality known to work very
> well with Linux at under $75 are also welcome.

Have you considered a Zoom digital recorder?  Easy to use, great quality.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=zoom+recorders&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=3855925911&ref=pd_sl_1xot2t3tp8_b

--
            Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
      Other Adventures: http://www.jamhome.us/ or http://westy.saunter.us/