[PLUG] System Sees only Half Installed RAM [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Feb 12 14:46:30 UTC 2012

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012, Russell Johnson wrote:

> The first test is to look in the BIOS to see if the BIOS is in fact,
> seeing all the RAM. If it is, then it's a software issue. If the BIOS
> isn't seeing all the RAM, then I suspect a hardware issue that a BIOS
> update will not resolve.

Russell, Wes, et al.:

   After I sent the message (of course!) I realized that I needed to check
the BIOS setup. Apparently, one of the memory modules was not fully seated,
so I took them both out, swapped them (which would tell me if one was bad),
and carefully re-inserted them. The system now sees all 8G.

Mea culpa!