[PLUG] Laptops with three mouse buttons opinions?

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Mon Feb 13 04:50:45 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 06:26:34PM -0800, Michael Dexter wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>  From what I can tell, few laptops have three mouse buttons with the
> most common one appearing to be a ThinkPad.
>
> Could anyone with a three mouse button laptop please comment on its
> comfort, for lack of a better term? The ThinkPad third button appears to
> be above, rather than below the trackpad, leading me to question its
> usefulness.

I've owned a few ThinkPads and the buttons worked so great for me I bought
a stand alone keyboard with the same configuration to use with my desktop.

The laptop provided by my employer, an HP Elitebook has three buttons below
the spacebar and three below the track pad.  I use them equally.

Linux life without three button mouse is painful in my experience.
I paste with it all the time.

--
            Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
      Other Adventures: http://www.jamhome.us/ or http://westy.saunter.us/