[PLUG] HELP! Thinkpad hangs at BIOS

Rick rdoyle16+plug at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 20:07:29 UTC 2012

Have you tried transferring one of the VM's to another computer running a
compatible (or same) VM "manager" (VirtualBox, etc.)?

This would potentially serve 2 purposes:
1) Verify that the VM itself is not the problem - more precisely, it would
act as a data point to help you draw conclusions/narrow down where the
problem may exist (it wouldn't necessary rule anything 100% "out", or "in").
2) Give you a way of using/accessing your critical apps/data while you work
to get things working as desired again.

Also... you might want to build a quick-and-dirty NEW VM (from standard
install media/iso)... just as another data point in isolating the problem.

Just some thoughts.

-Rick