[PLUG] Cheap asterisk hardware?

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Thu Feb 16 22:57:32 UTC 2012

Since I haven't gone and started a VoIP group yet, I'll ask here.
I'm hoping to bring my wife's office phones gently into the 21st century,
which means I need a way to interface at least 3 POTS lines and 5 analog
cordless phones to an Asterisk server.

I would like to test them out on it first, so before I go and drop $600 on
a PCI line card or analog gateways, any ideas on cheap or loaner options?

I really like the looks of the Sangoma Vega 50 - it has a power-fail mode
where the first 2 FXS ports are conencted to the 2 FXO ports.
(http://www.voipsupply.com/sangoma-vega-50-8fxs-2fxo )