[PLUG] Having trouble sending messages to the main plug mailing list via Thunderbird

Rob Saul rob at code-gnomemad.org
Mon Feb 20 18:11:49 UTC 2012

On 2/20/12 9:20 AM, Robert Miesen wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I have recently noticed that for the last few months none of the replies /
> questions that I've been "sending" using Thunderbird have been being posted
> to the PLUG mailing list, yet when I use Gmail, everything works just fine.
>
> Could anyone give me some ideas as to what could be causing this rather
> annoying issue? Thanks in advance for your help!

I've seen similar problems with Thunderbird.  It seems to be related to
the 'Reply-To' header looking like this -

	civil and on-topic" <plug at lists.pdxlinux.org>

It seems to confuse Thunderbird, which, at least for me, construct
an incorrect address when it tries to send the email. I noticed that
if I change the semi-colon (';') to a dash ('-') it seems to work just
fine.

	~Rob