[PLUG] ISP Changes

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Fri Jan 6 20:30:55 UTC 2012

Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Galen Seitz <galens at seitzassoc.com> wrote:
>
>> Argh!!!  This affects me too.  Our office in Beaverton has a static IP
>> from Spiritone/Frontier which is used for mail, web, and ssh.  Any
>> suggested alternative connections supporting static IP would be most
>> welcome.
>>
>> thanks,
>> galen
>> --
>> Galen Seitz
>

> I do not pretend to understand the issues and motivations for the change,
> but I sense that the changes will be coming to all (DSL, at least)
> services.  Is this accurate?

If by all you mean all Frontier DSL connections, that's what I was
wondering too.  I just called DSL Only.  The person I spoke with there
said that they were unaffected by this change.  So I guess that means
there is at least one alternative.  I'd encourage others to post the
results of their research.

galen
--
Galen Seitz