[PLUG] PLUG Mailing List Indexed in Google

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 21:22:30 UTC 2012

> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 05:07:55 -0800
> From: Michael Rasmussen <michael at jamhome.us>
> To: "General Linux/UNIX discussion and help;    civil and on-topic"
>        <plug at lists.pdxlinux.org>

> was
> knew

> > A Google search on "Arch Linux Daniel Hedlund" seems to refute that claim
> > as the PLUG mail archive of the announcement is the 7th returned result.
> > Interestingly, Calagator is #1.
>
> That search result is from www.mail-archive.com not pdxlinux.org.
> The actual search terms used that uncovered this were:
>    arch site:pdxlinux.org
>
> I'd assumed linux, though that search does turn up something about Roman
> history.
> The references to the distribution do not include Dan's talk or the
> meeting announcement about it.
>
> --
>            Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
>      Other Adventures: http://www.jamhome.us/ or http://westy.saunter.us/
> Fortune Cookie Fortune du jour:
> Teacups float in hot springs
>        ~  Michael R
>
> Ah, I see. Daniel used the phrase  "archived by Google." and I just saw
"mail archive" and "lists.pdxlinux.org". I didn't click on the link nor
realize that mail-archive is a service that archives mailing lists when I
glanced at the search results.

There is the Google Webmaster Tools (
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home?hl=en) that may help in
discovering a problem. I tried to use it but as I'm not the owner/webmaster
of PLUG I was unable to. Might be worth a run through to see what it turns
up...