[PLUG] Mac OS X for Linux admin -- server

Roderick A. Anderson raanders42 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 02:56:58 UTC 2012

My Google search foo is lacking today.

I'm taking on the admin of a server running Mac OS X (10.5.8) so need a
good reference for a fairly well experienced Linux systems admin.

My Linux distributions of choice are CentOS/Scientific Linux/Fedora
(Redhat-ian stuff) with a little Ubuntu/Debian.

The biggest issue right now is the init system.  How does Mac OS do it.
  The Redhat based systems use SysV, init.d, etc.  I thought the BSD
derivatives used an init.d or rc.d  Couldn't figure out how to
start/stop/reload a service.

Pointers, ideas, or clue-sticks will be appreciated.

Rod