[PLUG] Postfix: fixing a 'host not found' rejection

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jul 6 14:32:08 UTC 2012

On Fri, 6 Jul 2012, Nathan Williams wrote:

> I suspect this is due to a "reject_unknown_sender_domain" instruction in
> the smtpd_recipient_restrictions clause. As long as your whitelist check
> comes first, you can skip the requirement.

Nathan,

   First is smtpd_client_restrictions which is followed by
check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/rhsbl_sender_exceptions. Second is the
section smtpd_recipient_restrictions which includes
reject_unknown_sender_domain

> Assuming it fits the facts, maybe try something like:
> check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access

   I have no sender_access file in /etc/postfix, but I do have
rhsbl_sender_exceptions which is the list of white-listed domains. Wonder
what's not working for this one domain.

Thanks,