[PLUG] a LEAN linux using apt-get or yum

Richard Owlett rowlett at cloud85.net
Fri Jul 13 20:47:06 UTC 2012

I've tried several small Linuxes from Puppy to DSL.
They all proved that functionally I want is possible in
small distro.
They all have a common problem - need special format
packages for expansion, if available at all.

I want something which can be installed and then be updated
from standard repositories. I lean towards deb packages as I
know already packages I'll want are available there.

The standard distros are stuffed with irrelevant software
(office suites/games/etc) AND/OR lack needed such as dialer
for USB connected analog modem.

Normal versions of Debian and Ubuntu fail both ways.
Comments?
TIA