[PLUG] What to do when it freezes

David Fleck david.fleck at mchsi.com
Wed Jul 25 12:23:03 UTC 2012

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012, Randy Stapilus wrote:
> Running Mint 7 Gloria ...
>
> I've read about Alt + SysRq + R E I S U B ... but I haven't been able to
> get that to work. (I've seen some reference online to that option being
> disabled on Mint.)
>
> Likewise Alt + F2 then running kill ... but I haven't been able to get as
> far as bringing up the terminal.

Caveat: never used Mint, don't know it from Adam.  But does Ctrl + Alt +
F2 get you a terminal?

It might not - if the system is sufficiently wedged, you won't be able to
wrest control back from the X server.  But that's what I've used for the
past 15 years or so on SuSE and Slackware.

--
David Fleck
david.fleck at mchsi.com