[PLUG] emacs: undo discard-info

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Jun 5 20:20:22 UTC 2012

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

Rich>    I'm having difficulty finding the emacs warning library. I
Rich> use emacs to edit large data files and a global replacement
Rich> exceeds the undo buffer's size so a small buffer window opens to
Rich> tell me this happened. The window also says, "You can disable
Rich> the popping up of this buffer by adding the entry (undo
Rich> discard-info) to the user option `warning-suppress-types', which
Rich> is defined in the `warnings' library."

Rich>    A Google search for 'emacs warning library location' (and
Rich> just the first three words) did not show me where the library is
Rich> located. Please provide a pointer for me.

Try C-h v warning-suppress-type, and see what that tells you.  You
probably do NOT want to be editing emacs libraries.  You just want to
configure something in your .emacs file to tell it to discard the undo
information when you overflow the buffer size.

What version of emacs are you using?

seniorr at aracnet.com