[PLUG] Weird Thunderbird Thing

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Wed Jun 13 20:20:02 UTC 2012

I have been using Thunderbird for many years. I have two Comcast e-mail
addresses that I use it for, my primary account, (this one) and one I
use for business related stuff. Lately (the past few weeks), when I have
occasion to restart Thunderbird, such as this morning after a Ubuntu
upgrade that required a reboot, I find that If I don't both get and send
mail from my primary account, I my secondary account's password won't be
accepted. If I do send and receive e-mail via my primary account first,
then there is no problem with the password on the secondary account.

What's not clear is whether this is a Comcast problem or a Thunderbird
problem. I'm guessing it's Thunderbird, but have no real basis for it
other than I can successfully use the Comcast web e-mail tool.

Does anyone have any ideas about this one?

Thanks.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens