[PLUG] Testing Flashplayer on x86_64 System

Dale Snell ddsnell at frontier.com
Fri Jun 15 16:08:22 UTC 2012

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 06:29:02 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

>    I'm told that despite my installing flash player on the Sony
> portable it's not working. My two questions are: 1) how do I find a
> file in that format on the Web for testing purposes, and 2) what
> would be an appropriate process to identify the source of the problem?

1: Adobe's web site has some flash tests.  Unfortunately, I don't
remember where they're located.  It's been a long time since I used
them, and I didn't keep any bookmarks.

2: If you are using something like NoScript, you may be blocking the
site that is actually sending the flash data.  That happens to me
quite a bit.  So while I can view YouTube vids with no trouble, some
other sites just sit there looking blank.  :-)  Enabling the data
source site fixes things right up.  It may take a bit of experimenting
to find which sites are the ones you want, though.

Hope this helps.

--Dale

--
The question of whether computers can think is just like the
question of whether submarines can swim.