[PLUG] PSK error in wicd

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 05:16:10 UTC 2012

>   I hope someone here is fluent in wicd 'cause I can't figure out the
> solution to a problem.
>
>   Context: new Sony Vaio laptop running Slackware-13.37/x86_64 with
> wicd-1.7.0.
>
>   When invoked with 'wicd-client -n' from the command line, up pops the
> wicd
> network manager showing our local AP at 100% right on top. But, when the
> 'Connect' button is clicked the network is not immediately attached.
> Instead, I keep getting the error that the pre-shared key (PSK) password is
> incorrect. But, when I log into the WAP and check, the PSK password is just
> what I set it to, and the same as I enter in the client laptop.
>
> There looks to be a bug w. wicd-1.7.0 after an upgrade to the
network-manager package. Some suggested fixes are use a lower encryption
method, downgrade wicd, uninstall newtwork-manager. Relevant links to info
below:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...cd/+bug/540070<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wicd/+bug/540070>
-----
How to fix wicd 1.7.0+ds1-5 Connection Failed: Bad Password on Ubuntu 10.10
(Maverick Merkaaat)

http://www.pc-freak.net/blog/how-to-...rick-merkaaat/<http://www.pc-freak.net/blog/how-to-fix-wicd-1-7-0ds1-5-connection-failed-bad-password-on-ubuntu-10-10-maverick-merkaaat/>
-----
Re: wicd 1.7 - wireless - Connection Failed: Bad Password

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1595106&page=2