[PLUG] Linux certifications

Rich Burroughs rich at richburroughs.com
Tue Mar 6 20:56:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

Some of you may remember me, I used to be pretty active in the group
years ago :)

I've been off in the Solaris world for the last few years but I'm
interested in working with Linux again more. I was thinking about
pursuing a certification and I wondered what recommendations people
have about that.

I passed the first LPI test years ago, I'm sure it's no longer valid.
But back in the day it seemed like LPI or Redhat certification were
the main choices.

I'd appreciate any feedback on this, but if all you have to say is
that certifications are worthless in general you can probably save
your breath :) Part of the idea is for me to dig back into Linux, and
I think it could be useful from that perspective, regardless of how it
might help with employment.

Thanks,