[PLUG] SOHO router

Mike Cherba mcherba at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 16:52:45 UTC 2012

Denis,
    It's never been a concern for me, but then I run OpenWRT in a very much
non-stock configuration.  Just like any other distro, it's not as secure as
it could be out of the box, but can be improved substantially with a little
effort.  There's some good tips on the open WRT wiki.
                -Mike

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Denis Heidtmann
<denis.heidtmann at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have been reading the manual for my (future) wireless router.  I am
> completely ignorant about routers, so upon seeing the term SOHO router
> I did some searching for an explanation.  I stumbled on
>
> http://www.defcon.org/images/defcon-18/dc-18-presentations/Heffner/DEFCON-18-Heffner-Routers-WP.pdf
> .
>  I see that open WRT is listed as vulnerable.  Is this of concern to
> anybody?
>
> -Denis

Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. -- Richard Feynman