[PLUG] Is there a non-server way to benefit from include files for web sites?

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Mon Mar 12 18:12:13 UTC 2012

I'm working on a small HTML project to display the story of the
Victorian house we restored about 20 years ago. I want to give a copy to
a preservation group that's interested in it. The problem is that I am
using php on my home Apache installation so I can use include. However,
I won't be posting it on a php enabled server. Include is the only
feature of php that I need for this project.

Is there some other tool I can use that gives me the advantages of include?

One alternative is to physically include the contents of those files in
each file that calls them after I finish the project and change the
references to xxx.html instead of xxx.php. That will be cumbersome, but
doable. The way I provide the finished project to the preservation group
can be via a cd or on my Comcast web site -- which doesn't support php.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens