[PLUG] Once again Linux has proven to me it is only good for non critical apps

Kirk Goins kirkgoins at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 15:14:53 UTC 2012

You are very right, but after a long day and a nasty drive home from
Seattle, blah, blah.. Anyway Sorry Everyone.

I will see what I can do over the weekend. The Base OS is ( was? ) Ubuntu
10.04.2 LTS. I have found the DVD and booted from it. I can mount the drive
and I can see and navigate through the folders etc.

I don't see a grub prompts as this is the only OS on that box.

More News later and thanks for all  the suggestions

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 6:36 AM, Michael Rasmussen <michael at jamhome.us>wrote:

> On 2012-03-15 20:02, Kirk Goins wrote:
> > [0,665225] Kernel Panic - not syncing: VFS Unable to mount root fs on
> > unknown-block(0,0)
> >
> > Is this fixable or will I need to scrap and reload?
>
> Should be fixable.
>
> There are many questions particulars to how your system was set up for
> us to just say "do this."
>
> But for a start:
>    and
>
> https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Kernel+Panic+-+not+syncing:+VFS+Unable+to+mount+root+fs+on+unknown-block(0%2C0)+ubuntu<https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Kernel+Panic+-+not+syncing:+VFS+Unable+to+mount+root+fs+on+unknown-block%280%2C0%29+ubuntu>
>

> > Several months ago a grub update trashed things, but the clinic was a
> > few
> > days away and I was able to get it fixed there.
>
> Clinic is just nine days away.
>
> And questions that don't assert that Plug members are collectively out
> of their minds for running critical systems on Linux may get more
> helpful responses in this forum.
>
> At my workplace we are replacing most Solaris, HPUX, ... *nix with
> Linux boxes.
> Consider that reliability anecdote the next time you're able to get
> cash from an ATM or use your debit card
>
> --
>      Michael Rasmussen
>    http://www.jamhome.us/