[PLUG] Once again Linux has proven to me it is only good

plugng3 at martinconsulting.com plugng3 at martinconsulting.com
Fri Mar 16 21:47:32 UTC 2012

#1 My grub configuration is in /boot/grub/menu.lst.  Yours might be named
differently, but it should be similar and obvious.  Set the "timeout" value
to 10.

#2 You apparently have several stanzas for different boot options.  You'll
also have a "default" parameter, which identifies which stanza to use by
default.  The stanzas are counted starting at zero, so if you want the
first stanza enter 0, second stanza enter 1, etc.   You may also have a
"fallback" parameter, which tells grub what to boot if it can't boot the
default (e.g. kernel not found).  If you choose to delete a stanza,
you may need to renumber your default and fallback values.  For
example, if your default is set to 4 and your fallback is set to 6 and
you delete stanza 2, you need to change those values to 3 and 5
respectively.

So delete a stanza if you wish, or just change the default to be the
one you want.

Good luck.