[PLUG] How to detect ppp address change remotely?

Rich Burroughs rich at richburroughs.com
Sun Mar 18 03:28:30 UTC 2012

Tom,

I'm a little confused. I'm not a routing guru by any means though :)

But there's a NIC in the gateway router? Why aren't the downstream routers
using that as their default gateway? And then it would handle the routing
to Verizon?

Rich

verizon_tower------------------[3G_modem(ppp0)]-[router_1]---------------[5.8Ghz_link]----------------[router_2]