[PLUG] Ubuntu how-to documentation rant

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 01:09:29 UTC 2012

Begin rant.

Wanting to make a live usb of 10.04 LTS, I went to the website (
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download) and followed the
instructions.  It seemed very well laid out--step-by-step instructions.
 Then I got to a line where it said  "2. open the dash and ..."  WTF is the
dash?  Come to realize that it may be a new creation (name) introduced with
Unity.  How likely is it that I would have or even know of dash if I am
working on 10.04?

The real frustration is that I could not find a reasonable place to make a
comment.  I guess if a comment location were easily visible they would be
overloaded with stupid users ranting.

End rant.

-Denis