[PLUG] Asus 1015pem running Xfce

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Mar 27 20:02:10 UTC 2012

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 12:06:50 -0700
Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtmann at gmail.com> dijo:

>Another annoyance is that I cannot stop from dragging my fingers
>across the touchpad and loosing my work in various mysterious ways.  I
>found out how to shut it off while typing, which helps a lot.  I would
>like the function key to shut it off, but that is not working, and it
>seems that it will continue not to work.  Who knows what 12.04 may
>bring.

I had the same problem. I solved it by turning off the touchpad in the
BIOS. Of course, that made an external mouse a requirement, but a
regular mouse is vastly better than a touchpad anyway. Right now I am
using a $15 Dynex USB mouse from Best Buy. Its receiver stick is only
about a centimeter long, so I don't risk breaking it off so much.