[PLUG] Ubuntu how-to documentation rant

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 15:34:25 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 3:21 PM, jen montserrat <jen.montserrat at gmail.com>wrote:

> May I suggest using Unetbootin (http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/), zap
> your USB to FAT using fdisk as that for me seemed to work best and then
> download your .iso and open up Unetbootin and burn the iso to the USB
> stick, it will do all the work for you.  I have successfully used this for
> Mint, Suse, Fedora, Debian, and Ubuntu OS on a stick builds.  but if this
> rant is more about lack of documentation then forgive me and please
> disregard my post.

The rant was about the documentation, but the thread has morphed into a
discussion of how to write a bootable usb stick, so your post fits in
nicely.  In my case I was not moving from one distribution to another
(remaining in Ubuntu), so for me the universality of Unetbootin that you
mention was not needed.  However, John may find it useful, as he is a
distribution explorer.

-Denis