[PLUG] Pressure on individual health insurance plans (you and me)

Michael Dexter dexter at ambidexter.com
Thu May 3 17:00:42 UTC 2012

Hello all,

Sorry for the non-technical topic but it will impact a lot of
independent contractors.

Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon is putting pressure on individual
(non group) health insurance plans and they're probably not alone. In
addition to the usual drop in percentage of coverage, this time they are
dropping entire doctor networks from the plans and channeling everyone
to groups that no one I know has ever heard of.

I recall LOPSA (https://lopsa.org/) having a group insurance plan but
there site only seems to mention group liability insurance.

Is anyone else facing this? Can you think of any group plans out there
that might suit independent contractors?

Michael