[PLUG] Top questions

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun May 13 00:58:10 UTC 2012

On Sat, 12 May 2012 17:33:27 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>On Sat, 12 May 2012, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>
>> As for Rhythmbox, none of the suggestions helped kill it. The ps
>> commands listed it, but no parent process or any other process
>> associated with it.
>
>   Use ps to get the PID (process identification number). Then type
> 'kill
><pid>'. If the process is still alive, type 'kill -9 <pid>'. You can
>also type 'killall rhythmbox'.

Tried all of those. Repeatedly. Nothing would kill it.

I first noticed the problem because I had shut it down and went to
restart it, but the launcher failed to start it. Of course, it was
still running. In the end I rebooted.