[PLUG] Verilog Talk @ Advanced PLUG meeting

Bradon Kanyid rattboi at gmail.com
Thu May 17 22:21:14 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I've registered for the mailing list after the talk on Tuesday. I am
one of the PSU students who came for the talk.

One of the things I was hoping would be covered in the talk was how to
do FPGA/HDL development with a more unix-like workflow, i.e. without
the crappy IDE.
I was naive to think that there were open-source synthesis tools in
use, in hindsight. The specificity of each vendors chips makes this
very difficult, it seems.

However, it is clear that you could use the xilinx tools without using
the IDE. I searched around after the meeting and found a person's bash
scripts to break this down and use the CLI tools underneath the IDE.

They are here: http://www.edaboard.com/thread217079.html#post925290

I hope that others find this useful in their verilog/HDL experiments.

Bradon