[PLUG] Configuring NetworkManager

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon May 21 19:33:51 UTC 2012

   I think that I'm close to resolving the networking issues with the Sony
Vaio. Part of the problem is that Slackware is loading the 2.6.37.6 modules
during boot while the kernel is 3.3.6. I'm in the process of verifying that
I can remove the execute bits for that call since the 3.3.6 modules are
installed with the custom kernel.

   NetworkManager wipes /etc/resolv.conf when the sytem boots. nm-applet does
not appear to offer me options for configuring the interfaces. Please point
me to a resource so I can learn where and how to configure NM so that eth0
has a static IP address and wlan0 gets dynamic IP addresses. Unlike the
debian/ubuntus, slackware does not have /etc/networks/interfaces to edit.

TIA,