[PLUG] Epson ActionLaser 1000 Printer Driver Question

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Mon May 21 19:44:58 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 11:12:19AM -0700, Richard C. Steffens wrote:
> Any idea how to simplify my thought process on this so I can pick the
> right driver?

You did pretty well so far.  I like to refer to
http://www.openprinting.org/printers - this is the database that the CUPS
tool uses and it's always interesting to see what turns up.

Unfortunately, the ActionLaser 1000 doesn't show up there, so CUPS went
with its fallback plan and offered you a list of generic printer types to
try.  In the FAQ for the printer, Epson says that you should use the "HPLJ2
printer driver" i.e. a HP LaserJet II (or other PCL4) driver.

Good luck,
  Aaron