[PLUG] Sony Vaio Wireless Issue: Update

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue May 22 16:24:42 UTC 2012

On Tue, 22 May 2012, Russell Johnson wrote:

> In fact, I would probably be diagnosing this issue with the wired ethernet
> running, so that I have access to network resources while I'm trying to
> bring up the wireless.

Russell,

   I did this yesterday. It would be helpful to know what resources to
explore (i.e., what Google search terms to use) and how to further diagnose
the cause of the wifi radio and wlan0 not becoming active.

   Searching for '+NetworkManager +rfkill' finds folks running various
distributions which turn out to be hard blocks in place. That's not the case
here. I don't know enough to ask an intelligent, productive question of the
Web.

   Can you suggest tests or additional information that would help identify
the source of the problem?

Thanks,