[PLUG] Sony Vaio Wireless Issue

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 17:43:05 UTC 2012

> the point of doing it other ways (ifconfig, iwlist) is to demonstrate that
> it's an issue specific to NM, not the driver or kernel or anything else.

Based on the testing Rich and I did, I don't think the problem is specific
to NM. With WICD, the
wifi interface would come up and radio connection would be made. But then
there was IP routing troubles as Rich couldn't get to the wifi captive
portal page. When I ran a traceroute, I saw the packets attempting to go
out the eth0 interface that has a static ip but no cable plugged in.