[PLUG] Duplex card scanner

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Wed Nov 7 15:10:10 UTC 2012

I would like a duplex card scanner for linux - pop in the card,
get front and back images.  The sane project only lists a couple
of old simplex scanners.   Any suggestions?

Failing that, I can build a kludge with a couple of cheap
digital cameras with macro lenses in a fixture with a push
button.  Any suggestions for cheap cameras that will take
a picture and upload it on external command?  Perhaps all
I need is a single webcam with the right lensing, a pair
of 45 degree mirrors to see both sides at once, followed
by some image correction in software, which I might be
able to do with PovRay.

Keith