[PLUG] question on ergonometric mice

website reader website.reader3 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 22:42:59 UTC 2012

To those knowledgable about ergometric computer products:

Okay, this past 3 or 4 days I was doing a lot of work, and part of it
was using a mouse on a webpage, which required extensive clicking,
moving and reclicking.  Now I have two (yes I taught myself how to use
the mouse with the left hand after the right arm went into pain) arms
with shooting pains in the upper arms, and with 2 wrists that are NOT
happy.

I realize that the conventional mouse design is egonometrically
flawed, but I am confused by 2 designs offered, one is called a
handshoe mouse, and the other is a vertical mouse.

Can anyone who uses an ergo mouse let me know how well they are
working out?  Obviously the present mouse I am using had to go.

I am concerned with the vertical design that the arm is supported
properly and with the handshoe design, that the wrist doesn't push
against the desk surface.  In my case, letting my wrist rub or be
support on the desk surface has led to unhappy wrist pain, like the
tendons have been squished.

Thanks!

Randall