[PLUG] would this laptop work?

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 18 04:37:50 UTC 2012

On Oct 17, 2012 8:04 PM, "Dale Snell" <ddsnell at frontier.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 19:36:01 -0700
> John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 19:06:27 -0700
> > Benjamin Kerensa <bkerensa at ubuntu.com> dijo:
> > >
> > >I would suggest against Mint.... Not because of the politics their
> > >found brings in that I personally dislike but instead because by
> > >default they disable Kernel Security Updates and also do not announce
> > >CVE's to their users.
> >
> > What are CVEs?
>
> CVE is an initialism standing for Common Vulnerabilities and
> Exposures.  Basically a system of reporting security exploits and
> their fixes.  A lot of the bugfixes I see for Fedora are CVE security
> fixes.

Yeah Red hat does a lot of CVE fixes they have a lot of developers but
Ubuntu and Debian do their fair share. Ubuntu, Debian and Fedora publish
CVE reports to keep their users aware of security issues affecting apps
which Mint does not and further they disable Kernel Security Updates
because they feel they are a threat no other distro does this.