[PLUG] Linux Clinic Sunday October 21

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Sat Oct 20 03:32:49 UTC 2012

Come one, come all, to the Ubuntu/Amazon branded Linux Clinic.
Celebrating the addition of Amazon ads to the Unity dashboard
[ NO STOP NOT THE CATTLE PROD AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ]

Okay, I don't like Unity, and I hate ads on my computer.  If
you want to use Ubuntu 12.04 or 12.10, come to the Linux
Clinic at 1pm, at Free Geek 1731 SE 10th Avenue, Portland
and we can help you restore your desktop to Gnome goodness,
or at least remove Amazon from your dashboard if you like
Unity ( for heaven's sakes, /why???/).

We start at 1PM and run until 5PM, but /please/ don't show up
at 430PM and expect help - we'll be busy with the people that
showed up at 400PM.

Or bring any other Linux problem, and we will help you replace
it with an entirely different Linux problem.  We've got wired
and wireless ethernet, displays, meece and keyboards, a few
repair parts, and friendly volunteers who sometimes manage to
suppress their smug superiority long enough to help.  We will
probably have coffee, oddball snacks, bad puns, comaraderie,
and shelter from the rain.  So bring your machine and your
questions, and leave with the sure knowledge that you now can
fix your machine and software (probably better than we can).

The clinic happens every third Sunday, unless we forget the
key or Portland is crushed under a moving wall of ice (a
common occurence around January).  See you Sunday!

Keith