[PLUG] Linux Laptop Reviews

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 20:30:30 UTC 2012

> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 13:44:21 -0700
> From: Tim Wescott <tim at wescottdesign.com>
> Subject: [PLUG] Linux Laptop Reviews
> To: PLUG <plug at lists.pdxlinux.org>
>
> My Google-Fu fails me.  Are there any up-to-date sites that have
> trustworthy reviews of laptops?  Are there any up-to-date sites that
> have good information on various laptops and their compatibility to
> Linux?  Are there any that do both at once?

Unfortunately not, to the best of my knowledge. However, what I've
done in the best is done a search on a particular laptop I'm
interested in buying and the specific Linux distro I want to run and
have found sufficient information to base my decision on. Albeit, if
you're looking to run Debian on a Lenovo laptop, your chances of
finding lots of good, useful info are much greater than if you're
trying to run a less well-known and used distro on an off-brand
laptop. The information you're looking for is out there, it's not just
conveniently in one place and easy to find. Linux might be free in
terms of money, but not so much in terms of time.... :-/