[PLUG] Flashplayer Issue

Wayne E. Van Loon Sr. wevl at pacifier.com
Sun Oct 21 00:25:20 UTC 2012

On 10/20/2012 06:07 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Oct 2012, Benjamin Kerensa wrote:
>
>> On a side note Flash will soon be EOL for Linux unless your using Chrome
>> then some support will continue using Pepper
>     Interesting. I watch few videos and would not be overly upset if I could
> watch none. But, I'm probably in the minority.
I've been watching this with quite a bit of interest as I enjoy a lot of
music and music videos on youtube. I recently installed Slackware 14.0
which included Firefox 15.0.1. To my surprise, Firefox was able to play
youtube content without installing libflashplayer.so.

I had not used a newer Firefox for several years, so this is probably
old news to many of you, but looking into it a bit further, is it
possible there might be some movement away from browser plugins to
browsers that are HTML5 capable?

Wayne