[PLUG] Flashplayer Issue

Wayne E. Van Loon Sr. wevl at pacifier.com
Sun Oct 21 16:14:34 UTC 2012

On 10/21/2012 07:04 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Oct 2012, Wayne E. Van Loon Sr. wrote:
>
>> I've been watching this with quite a bit of interest as I enjoy a lot of
>> music and music videos on youtube. I recently installed Slackware 14.0
>> which included Firefox 15.0.1. To my surprise, Firefox was able to play
>> youtube content without installing libflashplayer.so.
> Wayne,
>
>     I just reveived my 14.0 subscription DVD on Thursday. I'll upgrade the
> Sony Vaio with the wireless and flash issues from 13.37 and see if that
> solves both problems.
>
>     Too bad that Pat and crew don't re-install the multilib libraries with
> upgrades and new distribution releases.
Rich:
No sooner had I sent my email when I encountered some content on youtube
that could not play with HTML5, but required flash. I installed flash
11.2.202.243. So far, it seems to work and not crash Firefox or
anything. I think I'll change the name of my libflashplayer.so to
something like libflashplayer.sucks to hide it and use HTML5 as much as
possible in case any of the content sites are keeping track of how much
the HTML5 method is used VS Adobe Flash. If I want to see something that
HTML5 cannot play, I'll just temporarily move libflashplayer.so back.
Wayne