[PLUG] Linux Clinic Sunday October 21

Tony Rick tonyr42 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 03:29:30 UTC 2012

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 5:44 PM, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net>wrote:

> I attended the Ubuntu 12.10 release party today (thanks, Benjamin!), had
> a slice of pizza, got a new t-shirt, and hoisted a pint to the new
> Ubuntu 12.10. For Clinic attendees and other PLUG people, I have the
> 32- and 64-bit 12.10 ISO images for:
>
>         Ubuntu, desktop and server
>         Kubuntu
>         Xubuntu
>         Ubuntu Studio
>
> I couldn't find the Lubuntu images yet, nor could I find the
> alternative installs for Ubuntu, and the Mythbuntu and Edubuntu images
> are not yet to be found. I do have the 12.04 images for these, however.
> I also have the latest Mint, Slackware, OpenSuse, Knoppix, Fedora, DSL,
> Puppy and ArchLinux, in addition to various rescue CDs. And if you are
> short of bandwidth I'll be happy to download anything else that you
> need.
>
> Note that the Ubuntu Desktop and the Kubuntu images are now too big for
> a CD, although Ubuntu Server and Xubuntu will still fit. I can also make
> a bootable image on your USB drive if you prefer.
>
> All of these will be available at the Clinic tomorrow. The Clinic has
> some blank CDs and DVDs, but the supply keeps dwindling. If you bring
> your own media it would be nice (but not required).

Alternate install images (along with some install features like RAID
support) were dropped for the 12.10 launch.  There is a lot of chatter
about it out there, and lot's o' disappointment. Canonical giveth and
Canonical taketh away.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Canonical-Drops-Alternate-CDs-from-Ubuntu-12-10-289338.shtml

--
- tony
"I come from the nowhere, I go to the noplace, und here I am!"