[PLUG] Linux Clinic Sunday October 21

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Oct 23 03:51:18 UTC 2012

On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 20:29:30 -0700
Tony Rick <tonyr42 at gmail.com> dijo:

>Alternate install images (along with some install features like RAID
>support) were dropped for the 12.10 launch.  There is a lot of chatter
>about it out there, and lot's o' disappointment. Canonical giveth and
>Canonical taketh away.

The alternate images have been handy to me at the Clinic. On more than
one occasion someone has wanted to upgrade from whatever Ubuntu they
currently have to the latest. We don't have a lot of bandwidth at Free
Geek, but the Alternate images allow an upgrade from CD rather than
over the net connection. Are you telling me that the Alternate images
will be no longer? if so, how can I upgrade an existing Ubuntu without
a net connection?