[PLUG] Please Google, stop trying to be so helpful

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Oct 25 04:18:29 UTC 2012

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 20:57:37 -0700
Benjamin Kerensa <bkerensa at ubuntu.com> dijo:

>On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:35 PM, John Jason Jordan
><johnxj at comcast.net>wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 20:20:49 -0700
>> nick <nick at intronic.org> dijo:
>>
>> >Do you have better luck by using multi-signon?
>>
>> What is multi-signon?
>>

>http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1721977

I have dozens of accounts like Youtube. The above only works for Google
accounts and other accounts that comply with Google's requirements,
which are next to none of my other accounts.

What happened on the day in question is that I had logged in to my PSU
Gmail account with Firefox, which I normally do not do (normally I
access it with Claws Mail). Once I did so Firefox refused to offer me
any login screen other than the PSU login screen, regardless of what
site I was trying to log in to.

I am not looking for a solution to the problem. I already have a
solution - disabling some of Google's cookies. My post was merely a
rant.