[PLUG] Linux, a path to literate engineers?

Richard Owlett rowlett at cloud85.net
Wed Sep 5 12:45:35 UTC 2012

Maybe the subject line could have been, "Linux
documentation, a training ground for engineers learning to
write well".

While slogging through Linux documentation (sic, or should
that be sick ;<), I've been recalling what the chairman of
the freshman English program said of my writing ability 50
years ago - "Hopeless".

What is the feasibility of editing current first time
installer documentation as a semester (or longer) project?
I'm thinking this could could be done with either high
school seniors or college freshmen.

Comments? TIA