[PLUG] Reminder: September PLUG Meeting: The Joy of Logical Volumes

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Sep 6 22:58:51 UTC 2012

On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 13:27:29 -0700
<plugng3 at martinconsulting.com> dijo:

>> Will Brian be able to explain how to shrink a partition inside a
>> logical volume?
>
>I'd be happy to talk about that.  The answer is that it's either
>pretty easy or usually impossible, depending on what file system
>you're using.

Sadly, at the last minute I will not be able to attend tonight's
meeting.

Shrinking the partition is not a critical matter. I'll figure it out
later.

As for the filesystem, it is a bit confusing. When I look at the disk
with Palimpsest it says the drive (320 GB) is ext3. But it is divided
into two partitions, 6 GB and 314 GB. It says the 6 GB is swap and the
314 GB is ext4. I'm pretty sure it is ext4. I have no idea where
Palimpsest gets the notion that the drive itself is ext3.