[PLUG] Surge Protector Ratings

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Fri Sep 7 17:56:50 UTC 2012

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard C Steffens <rsteff at comcast.net> writes:

wes> I've heard this before, but never any evidence to substantiate
wes> it. I think the most salient point for us is that we don't get a
wes> lot of surges in our area. We're not exactly a hotbed for
wes> lightning and the BPA has things pretty well regulated.

Richard> Good points. I guess the next question is how can you tell if
Richard> an older surge protector is still any good?

Plug in sensitive equipment, and then hit it with surges until it
stops working.  Then you know the surge protector doesn't work
anymore.

seniorr at aracnet.com