[PLUG] detecting flaky drives with LVM

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.net
Mon Sep 10 00:31:40 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 07:59:37PM -0700, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> I run Redhat-derived distros, but bypass the default LVM setup of
> the disks and use bare metal partitions instead.  It sounds like I
> should keep doing that until I cannot fit my system on one drive.

LVM on a single disk still has its benefits.  It's nice to be able to
re-allot drive space amongst partitions when you find out down the
road that your initial assumptions were faulty.  LVM is also handy if
you plan on implementing full-disk encryption and only wish to deal
with one key for all of your drive's partitions.

--
Paul