[PLUG] Any problems with Quest / Centurylink / Centurytel for Linux Users?

Joe Niski joeniski at easystreet.net
Mon Sep 24 18:13:42 UTC 2012

Similar situation for me: CenturyLink/Qwest for > 10 yrs, local Easystreet
as my ISP, got a deal on the ActionTec modem from Qwest, it's old but
functional.

Qwest's customer support was abysmally awfully terribly horrid. Easystreet
is great, they've even helped diagnose obscure incompatibilities between a
prior DSL modem and a cheap ethernet switch in out outbuilding. Haven't
had to deal with CenturyLink yet.

My biggest complaint is the telco's apparent unwillingness to upgrade
their copper - i keep getting breathless promotions about 7mbps service,
but my queries into when i'll have anything above 1.5 go into a black
hole. Still, it's less offensive than having Comcast's tendrils in my
house.
Joe Shisei Niski
Portland, Oregon, USA
至誠