[PLUG] Distribution Upgrade: Frame Buffer Glitch

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Apr 2 23:24:49 UTC 2013

   I just upgraded my Dell Latitude from Slackware-13.37/X86_64 to
-14.0/X86_64, changed the links in /boot, modified /etc/lilo.conf, and ran
/sbin/lilo. When booting now the system hangs at this line:

fb: conflicting fb hw usage inteldrmfb vs VESA VGA - removing generic driver

   Not having encounted this issue before when upgrading a system I'm at a
loss of how to fix the problem. Pointers to a solution greatly appreciated!